Monday 24 March 2014

Clinique Anti-blemish Review


In celebration of skincare and makeup brand Clinique’s launch of their Anti-blemish clearing gel, I thought I would review two of their anti blemish products which I use on a regular basis. I feel that Clinique’s Anti-blemish range really hasn’t been talked about enough, which is a shame as the whole range is in my view amazing and literally changed my life.

Through my teenage years I had acne prone skin, it really knocked my confidence and I hated the way I looked. By the time I was 16 I trialled every skincare acne related product that I can think of which claimed to clear prevent blemishes, some of these products did help, one of which I still use to this day but most aggravated my skin and sometimes made my blemishes worse or caused breakouts. It got to the point where, I was so fed up with the appearance and condition of my skin I discussed taking an acne drug called Roaccutane (a controversial acne drug with unpredictable side effects) with my doctor. My mum and I felt that this really wasn’t the right route to go down considering its side effects.

A little while later my mum, who has used Clinique products since she was 18, suggested I visited the Clinique counter. I was introduced to their Anti-blemish range and came away with a trial pack of the Anti- blemish 3 Step. After a week of using the 3-step plan I noticed a massive difference in my skins appearance and my skin started to clear. I remember being so happy that I was finally using products that worked which stopped me worrying so much about my skin.

Since then I’ve been washing my face every morning and night with the Anti-blemish Solution Cleansing foam, this product also comes in a bar of soap which is really handy if you are prone to spots on your body. The cleansing foam leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean, most importantly it helps to clear up any breakouts and prevent any new blemishes. I really can’t fault it; it works so well I’m almost scared to use anything else. After toning and occasionally using the Anti-blemish clarifying lotion, if I’m having a breakout, I then use the Anti-blemish solutions all over clearing treatment. This product helps to clear up any blemishes I may have and prevent them throughout the day, I also find it helps to keep any oiliness around my t-zone at bay. I then apply a moisturiser after using this product to prevent the clearing treatment drying out my skin, as it is not a moisturiser.


I regularly upgrade my skin routine introducing different moisturisers and toners depending on what my skin is doing but these two products have and always will be as long as I have blemish prone skin, permanent products in my skincare routine and I can’t recommend them enough. I’m also really looking forward to trying their new clinical clearing gel to get rid of any odd blemishes.

Laura Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment