Sunday 16 March 2014

Online Shopping


I don’t often order clothes online because for me half the fun of buying clothes is the whole in store shopping experience; but over the last few months I’ve found myself making a few online purchases ready for spring. I’m pretty nosey and love seeing what clothes people purchase so I thought I would collect all the clothes I’ve purchased online recently into one big haul to show you.

Boohoo.com
I always have a bit of browse on Boohoo if I want new clothes but don’t want to spend a fortune. Just after Christmas I visited the website to try and find a tartan scarf, id seen a few on Urban Outfitters and Topshop but they sold out really quickly so I headed to boohoo.com and found one for a fraction of the price I would have spent in Urban Outfitters or Topshop. I also purchased a pair of acid wash stretchy jeans, which I wrote a post previously about here


Forever 21.com
For those of you that have yet to discover Forever 21 you are completely missing out. I’ve shopped at Forever 21 a few times before, both in store at Westfield’s Stafford and online. Every time, I end up filling my basket to the brim and walking out with half the shop, this time I was a bit more sensible and only brought a few items. The first item I put in my basket was a tribal patterned shirt, I really liked the print and shape of it and it can be worn with jeans or leggings and tucked into a pair of shorts in summer. I then had a look at the skirts as I really wanted a skater skirt that I could wear all year round with tights or bare legs, I don’t own many skirts as I’m more of a jeans and leggings kind of girl but I’m trying to be more adventurous with my wardrobe so I thought that this floral black skater skirt was a good start. I also picked up an oversized long sleeved pink jersey top that I can wear with leggings when I’m having a cosy day or with shorts in summer. The last item I purchased is a slouchy knit open cardigan (pictured above). It’s really comfy and is great for throwing on over a top when I’m cold. It also goes really well with the shirt I purchased.


MissSelfridge
I usually shop in store at Miss Selfridge, as I’m never sure which size I need depending on the cut of the top, I’d previously however visited a Miss Selfridge store and tried on a striped long sleeve crop top, I’m 5ft 5 so the hem sits just above my belly button. I later ordered the top online instead, along with this silver chunky chain necklace, in hopes to buy something else that they didn’t have in my size in store. It Turned out they didn’t have my size for that product online after all but I still ended up ordering the top and statement necklace, as I’d wanted this top for ages and I thought it would look really good with high waisted shorts or leggings.


Zara
So I didn’t actually buy these items online but I had seen them on the website, so it kind of counts. At some point in the future, hopefully not to distant, I’m going to be interning/working at a fashion company of some sort so I wanted a few shirts either for interviews or just to wear while I’m working there and thought that they would work well for a casual sophisticated look. I also purchased this pair of thick black leggings which are high waisted and have a wide elastic band on the hips. I was actually asking the sales assistant, who was putting out stock next to me, if they had my size in another pair and she recommend this pair instead, as the elastic band at the top doesn’t go all the way round so wouldn’t cut into my stomach. I’m really glad I went in store to get these as I wouldn’t have received such excellent service online, which certainly helped when I wore these out for dinner as they gave my stomach space to breathe.


Missguided.co.uk
My most recent purchase was a pair of ankle boots from miss guided. I’d been Thinking about buying a new pair of black Chelsea boots for a while and saw these while having a browse of miss guided. They have cut out sections at the sides which give them a look of the Chelsea boot and have gold buckle fastenings and a gold fabric plate look cap on the heel which I think makes them look fun and girly.



And that is all the new additions I’ve made to my spring wardrobe lately, I hope that has inspired you with your wardrobe. Let me know what you’ve been buying lately.


Laura Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment