Sunday 6 April 2014

Current Beauty Favourites


Despite the miserable weather outside my window at the moment, it wouldn’t be called April showers for nothing, I thought I’d share with you a few of my favourite beauty products I have been using and will be using this spring.

About 2 months ago I subscribed to Elle magazine. The gift with the subscription was an Elizabeth Arden gift set which included some mascara, their red door red lipstick and a tube of their eight-hour cream. I’ve been really curious about using the eight-hour cream, as beauty blogger Tanya burr is a massive fan of the product so I was really excited when I received it in the post about a month ago. It’s more of a thick balm consistency than cream and you only need a pea-sized amount. It can be applied to dry patches of skin,sunburn and peeling but I mostly use it on chapped lips. It leaves my lips feeling hydrated and soft and although the product doesn’t smell and taste particularly great it’s become one of my favourite lip products.

My second beauty favourite is again a lip product. It’s the bubble-gum lip scrub from Lush. I spoke about this product in a recent beauty haul post. I originally purchased it, as it is one of those products everyone raves about and thought I would try it as and my lips get really dry and chapped. I’ve never used a lip scrub before as it never really even crossed my mind but since I purchased it, I have used it everyday and my lips are less chapped and feel really soft. After using it and licking off the sugar, my favourite bit as it tastes really good; I apply a small amount of the Elizabeth Arden eight-hour cream to give my lips moisture. 

Having painted nails is a bit of a rarity for me; I’m not allowed to wear nail varnish in my current job so when I have a few days off I like to pamper myself a little by painting my nails.  I brought 3 bottles of Barry M’s gelly hi-shine nail varnishes a while back; this particular one in the shade Lychee is my current favourite. The colour gives the appearance of almost having a French manicure and goes with every colour so you can wear it with anything. It’s the perfect shade for spring pastels.

I’ve also spoken about this smashbox primer in my recent beauty haul and mentioned how I don’t really like silicone foundation primers as they don’t work well with my combination to oily skin, this oil free foundation primer has a lotion like texture and soaks into my skin unlike silicone primers which sit on the skins surface. I am so impressed with this product. I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting miracles with this primer but its does everything I want it to. Application just feels like I’m applying another moisturiser and my make up sits perfectly on top of it and stays on my face through out the day. It’s also lasted ages, a lot longer than I thought it would seeing as it’s a small tube.


The last on my list of favourites is Origins' GinZing energy boosting moisturiser. I really wanted to try a moisturiser that would give my skin a boost and the origins moisturises have a really good reputation so I thought I would try it.  I don’t really like moistures, sometimes they can be a bit too oily and greasy which can be really annoying when you are wearing them throughout the day, as you don’t want to have the appearance of greasy skin. But this moisturiser isn’t like that at all; it hydrates my skin and soaks in well. It has a really light texture and smells really nice. I’ve only been using it for a few weeks so and I’m already in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment